Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day, mom

I can truly say that if it wasn't for my mother, I wouldn't be here today ;)

But seriously, today I take pride in calling myself a mama's boy. Because, if by mama's boy you mean someone who loves his mother very much, then I am guilty as charged. I did today's post as a way to tell my mother how much she means to me. A lot. In the hubbub of everyday life that sentiment can sometimes be neglected but it doesn't make it any less true. So mother, on this special day, know that your son is with you in his heart even if he isn't always nearby.

Earlier today my friend, Matt, reminded me of a quote from one of my favorite movies, "The Crow," and it is true so I'm stealing it for my post. "Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children."

Mother, thank you for being you. I love you. And Happy Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment