Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Bone Sword Review

I was fortunate to receive a copy of Walter Rhein’s fantasy novel, “The Bone Sword,” before its release so I could give a review. Well, here’s my review.

The Bone Sword if a fun, action-packed adventure that follows a tough-as-nails warrior named Malik and a brother and sister team who are on the run from the evil Father Ivory. When I say evil, I mean torturing and lopping off hands and heads evil. A word of caution, this isn’t a story for the squeamish. The sister, Jasmine, has the ability to heal people which, as you can imagine, is blasphemy to self-proclaimed religious types such as Father Ivory.

If, when reading a book, the number one goal is to be entertained, then Walter has succeeded. You often hear people say that they couldn’t put a book down but that doesn’t make it any less true. I enjoyed the characters and the action and the pacing to a point I found myself constantly saying one more chapter before I went off to bed. As such, I would be happy to recommend Walter’s book to anyone looking for a fast-paced fantasy novel.

If what I’ve heard about a sequel is true, we can expect more from Walter’s fantasy mind which will have me first in the figurative line to preorder. Good work, Walter and good luck with the release.

So what are you waiting for. Copy and paste this link and get ordering.

http://www.amazon.com/Bone-Sword-Walter-Rhein/dp/0982743726/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1286567065&sr=8-1

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I'm looking forward to getting this one although I don't read much fantasy. My husband, however, would fall in love with this immediately, I do believe!

    ReplyDelete