Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Release day for A Wicked Line


 A Wicked Line out now!!!


Fun facts about A Wicked Line.

-The story takes place in 1994

-Every pop culture reference in the book is accurate to that exact moment in time. If the TV show ER is on in the background of the scene for instance, it is the exact episode and exact moment in that episode that aired on that date and at that moment.

-An early reviewer said, "This author might be decent" and I'm taking that as a win.

-I used my wife's ex-boyfriend's name in the book just to get her reaction when she reads it.

-I used 1994 for the setting because it's really one of the best years ever for pop culture. In movies we had Forest Gump, Shawshank Redemption, and Pulp Fiction. Music brought us Green Day, Soundgarden, and Nine Inch Nails. Craziness saw the OJ Simpson chase and Nirvana's Kurt Cobain's suicide. ER debuted on TV and was joined by Friends and Seinfeld to make the Must-See Thursday night TV lineup on NBC.

-A Wicked Line is my seventh book.

A Wicked Line started with a concept that there is a thin line between being a superhero and becoming a serial killer. Initially, I expected to lean heavily into the superhero aspects, but as I began writing I found the serial killer angle far more interesting for this story.

-The audiobook has been read by William McDonough who previously narrated my most popular book to date, A Firefighter Christmas Carol.

-My research for this book had me watching old episodes of ER, Jerry Springer, Wheel of Fortune, and old NFL games just to name a few.

-And finally, some fun. The first person to email me at epertase@gmail.com with the correct answer to the final Wheel of Fortune puzzle within A Wicked Line will win one autographed book of their choosing from my seven-book catalogue.


No comments:

Post a Comment